Football betting is a strategic income generating online business that can greatly swell your pocket if approached with the right strategy. Many people become so gullible in setting their targets on bookmakers platform when it comes to football betting because they see the odds to be so inviting and in the process they stake very huge sums of money which in the long run may be their own undoing.
In order to succeed in football betting you must be principled and financially disciplined. Football betting and any other sports betting program for that is a scientific process just like every other speculative trading such as Forex trading, stock trading or indices trading on any forex trading platform on the web.
Bookmakers play on the psychology of betters to lure them into making adventurous stakes which in the end has a success rate for the ‘investor’ of almost zero. So the implication of these is that you can stake 10 different bets on a particular football event yet you may stand the possibility of losing all!
I will just go straight into the strategies an dtips you must adopt if you wish to be successful in football betting.
Read More: 14 Ways to Monetize Your Electronic Gadgets
Tips and Strategies for Success in Football Betting
- The first thing to note here is that you must never stake on a bet on an event or a game you are not at least 90% sure of no matter how inviting and enticing the odds might be.
- Stake amounts that you can afford to lose. Do not engage in football betting to raise funds to pay your bills. That would put pressure on you to be over adventurous.
- Stake bets on odds that are very low. This is to ensure that your chance of winning the bet is over 90%.
- Do not attempt combo bets unless you want to gamble in for a 50/50 chance. Combo bets are enticing with huge odds but very tricky and has a 70% failure rate.
- Do not stake bets on events that wants a definite scoreline. The failure rate is almost 98%!
- Do not stake more than 5% of the amount in your betting account. This implies that if you have $100 in your account, do not stake more than $5 at a particular time for all events.
- Do not stake bets for multiple events as a means of maximizing profit or minimizing risks—you can’t beat the bookmaker.
- Upsets happen ‘once in a century’. Never stake bets in favor of an upset—resist the temptation of huge odds that go with upsets.
- Identify 2 of your favorite teams, follow them closely and get details and news about the players, their fitness level, their coaching pedigree and their current form and league standing. This will guide you in taking informed betting decisions.
- Winning is not the exclusive preserve of any club… do not stake winning bets for a club three times consecutively even if they had won in the previous two bet stakes you made.
- Long term bets may be beneficial for teams in some leagues. The Spanish La Liga almost always has a winner of the league between Real Madrid and Barcelona FC. So predicting the winner of the league between Real and Barcelona may have a 50/50 chance of success. You can gamble on that if you are psychologically strong.
12. Stay on bets that only wants a win or lose outcome—this is the safest bet.
Betting Sites Where You can Earn Money
14. PaddypowerNeed Help? Visit our FAQ page.