Android Applications: Android phone users especially students can maximize the benefits of their phone by taking advantage of the numerous applications their phone can support in their academics and social life by helping them organize their schedules, access and share vital information among one another and also synchronize data within various electronic devices. Below is a full description of the major applications that are helpful to students, business executives and researchers who use android phones.
1. Evernote: Evernote is a free application developed by Evernote Corporation. Since it is a multiplatform application, it helps the user in taking down notes, making a to-do-list, recording voices and taking photos. The user can equally synchronize the application with other devices; access your saved notes via a computer or tablet and share notes with friends. This device is also available on iphones and has become very useful to everyone and not just for students.
2.Wikidroid:Wikidroid was developed by Sirius applications limited. It helps you format all wikipedia articles so that it becomes very easy for the user to navigate through using his device. This application comes in very handy as students need to browse through wikipedia for solutions to assignments or for other research purposes. It is a free application.
3. Homework:This application helps the student to plan his homework and assignments properly either on a daily, weekly or even monthly basis. You can schedule a timetable for yourself and do personal exercises while been timed. Homework application was developed by Klwinkle Corporation.
4. Math Formulary: This application is very useful to students in remembering and memorizing mathematical science formulas. It has formulas in various branches of mathematics including trigonometry, algebra, calculus, geometry and arithmetic, logic and Analysis. The very unique advantage of this application is that it supports multiple languages and comes with graphical representation to help the student understand concepts more clearly.
5. Dictionary.com: This is a very helpful application in developing a student’s vocabulary and phonetics. It also comes with a widget for the word of the day, parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions and even audio pronunciation of words. Contents are updated daily but the free version comes with adverts while the premium upgrade can be purchased for just $3. Dictionary.com was developed by dictionary.com LLC.
6.Amazon Student:You can use this application as a student to check out for prices of books, trade-in your old books, music, electronics and other gadgets and receive Amazon gift vouchers or card that you can use for online shopping at Amazon.
7. Duolingo: Duolingo is an amazing application. A student wishing to learn a new language in school can use this application. Languages supported include French, Spanish, German, Italian and Portuguese. A visual image is given and the user is expected to match the image with the right type of word on display and translate the text to English. Duolingo is available at Google play store.
8. Google Translate:Google translate helps you translate words in over 70 languages that are supported. You can either translate a word or even a webpage. Users can also synchronize the translated words with other devices and save words or phrases he so desires. It can also be downloaded at Google play store